Barn Lofts, a.k.a. 940 E. 2nd, built in 1906 and reborn 2011, consists of 38 Luxury live/work town home lofts situated in the heart of the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
Located at the eastern edge of Downtown Los Angeles and within walking distance to many of the city's cultural amenities, the Arts District is a thriving and creative community that inhabits the largely self-sufficient area along with independent restaurants, bars, shops and galleries.
940 East 2nd Street was built in 1906 to store sugar beets by industrialists John and Adolph Spreckels, The Spreckels Brothers. The depot went through numerous renovations including one in the 1920s by one of Los Angeles' preeminent architects, John B. Parkinson, known for designing Los Angeles City Hall, Union Station, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Pershing Square.
The current renovation and addition by Rockefeller Partners Architects preserves the historical facade while entirely reimagining the interior as 38 live/work townhome lofts.
A collection of 38 live/work townhome lofts, 940 E. 2ND St. infuses historic architectural details with sophisticated modern interiors and high level finishes. Natural light drenches the original brick walls, exposed steel beams and vaulted ceilings through a combination of skylights, custom made doors and windows, and operable clerestory windows.
All townhome lofts are 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths occupying three-levels with open floor plans, patios and terraces. Convenient assigned parking is located directly outside each front door.
Come home to 940 East 2nd Street and experience unparalleled architectural loft living in one of downtown's most historical and creative hubs.
- Secured Gated Access
- Historic & Architectural Details
- Secure Garage Parking Directly Outside Your Front Door
- Security Video Monitors In Garage
- Townhome Style Residences
- Vaulted Ceilings
- Clerestory Windows
- 3 Story Residences with Bathrooms on Each Floor
- Exposed Steel Beams
- Sky Lights
- European Designed Kitchens
- Energy Efficient Stainless Steel Appliances
- Caesarstone Quartz Countertops
- Waterworks Plumbing Fixtures, Sinks and Tubs
- Custom Bath Vanities Made From Reclaimed Wood
- Concrete, Wide Plank Oak Wood Flooring, and Wool Carpeting
- In-unit Washer and Dryer Hook-ups
- Generous Walk-in Closets and En Suite Baths
- Direct TV, Cable, Cat 5 and Internet Ready