Reynier Village is a triangular-shaped neighborhood bordered on the north by Cadillac Avenue; on the west by Robertson Boulevard; and on the southeast by Kramerwood Place, the 10 Freeway, and Garth Avenue. Reynier Village is south of La Cienega Heights and southwest of Faircrest Heights.
According to locals, the subdivision was named after a family whose home stood on what is now the city-maintained Reynier Park.
A well-preserved 1 1/2 -story adobe in the heart of this small West Los Angeles neighborhood speaks to its early days as part of the Rancho Rincon de los Bueyes (which means "corner of the oxen''). Built in 1865 by Antonio Jose Rocha II, the privately occupied residence at 2400 Shenandoah St in 1963 became Los Angeles' 13th historic-cultural monument.